Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Twittered out

I got up this morning,  and started my daily routine.  I checked my work email, checked my other work email, checked my MSN, Gmail and AOL accounts.  Read a text message that I got after I went to sleep.... Then I went on to Facebook to catch up quickly on what all of my friends did over the long weekend.  Then I went to Twitter, and tried to think of something clever to tweet.  Now I will take a minute to blog....I may seriously be in need of getting a life! 

Did you see the movie, "He's just not that into you?"  While I was pretty much "just not into that movie" It did have a great line in it- 

“I had this guy leave me a voice mail at work, so I called him at home, and then he emailed me to my BlackBerry, and so I texted to his cell, and now you just have to go around checking all these different portals just to get rejected by seven different technologies. It’s exhausting.”
I find myself checking out seven different technologies every day to feel like I am connected to people.   This change in life happened all in the past couple of years since I stopped working at McDonalds as a manager and started working in the recruiting industry, where I spend a lot of time on the computer. 

I think I may actually miss the days of people yelling at me and throwing their Big Mac's back at me. 

I miss the mornings at McDonalds refilling the coffee cups of the group of retired men who came every morning to discuss politics and religion.  After an hour, this group of men pretty much had solved the world's problems.  


I miss the grill ladies laughing at my "spanglish" as I asked how to say certain words in Spanish.  


I may even miss being yelled at and told what an idiot I am.  ( I said, MAY!)


I may sound like my Grandma, but maybe I miss the "good 'ol days" where we spent a little more time talking to each other. 

While I love Facebook- I have reconnected with friends from long ago- and love seeing pictures of friends and family..I need to take time to talk to people.  Face to face... To laugh out loud with the person and not just write LOL ...( ok, I admit it.... I sometimes write LOL when I am NOT laughing out loud...) 


Get out there and talk to a friend.  Go to lunch with someone.  Enjoy someone's real company, see their eyes, reach out and give them a hug....life is too short to be stuck on the computer all day- go out and make a difference- one random woman at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment