Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Women Who Rock Part 3

This week in honor of the General Relief Society Meeting that spoke about our heritage as women in relief society- I am remembering the women who rock in my life- and encourage you to do the same. 

Today I thank the women who influence my life right now.  Today I thank my friends. Today I thank the women who don't even know that they have impacted me.  The women who teach my children, the women who show me daily how to live a little bit better, and the women who somehow, someway, help me smile. 

Today I am grateful for Sister Beck leading the way for the entire Relief Society.  I would love to have lunch with her.  She could function as a CEO, shows us how to follow inspiration, and can do it all in high heels and pearls.  She rocks. 


Today I am grateful for Longmont Stake Relief Society President Janet Jones.  She is grace under pressure.  The spirit flows from her like water from a rocky mountain glacier.  She is funny, articulate, and a pretty dang good golfer.  


Today I am thankful for one of my best friends, who busted out her VISA card and bought items for my daughter's baby, and who smiled all the while.  I am thankful to have friends who truly love my kids like they were theirs.  Not many people can say that.



Today I am thankful for Sherri Schumann, who holds the fort down at my boy's high school.  She is a smart, talented woman who is a principal at a great high school.   She is a classy lady who would not hesitate to jump into hand to hand combat for any one of the students. 


Today I am grateful for the young mommies who are rocking their babies, who are reading to them, who are teaching them that the stove is hot, grass is green and if they pick their nose their heads will cave in.  I am grateful for these mommies living in little houses, apartments, and basements at their parent's house who know the value of what they are doing- and are not afraid to be a "stay at home mom."  Thank you to these women who truly hold the future in their hands.  I am grateful for someone teaching love and compassion to the generation that will chose my nursing home, and will be the compassionate service leaders who will bring rolls and funeral potatoes and ham to my funeral services. 


Thank you to the nice clerk at the grocery store,  the super smiling lady who takes my money at the Wendy's drive-thru window when I get my 2nd (or 3rd) diet coke of the day.   Thank you to the nice lady who actually smiled and waved when I let her cut in front of me in traffic.  


You are the women who rock.  You go out and do little tiny things every day that make a difference in some one's world.  Sometimes, you have no idea who you are touching with your kindness.  Sometimes you make enormous efforts to make a difference and it seems to fall on deaf ears.  Never give up.   Keep fighting the fight.  
Keep being kind, loving and slap that smile on your face every day.....because we can all make a difference, one random woman at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment