Friday, September 4, 2009

One Random Mood

I am in one of "those" moods! 
This week, for some reason....has been difficult to swallow...I have been a bit pouty, moody and needing a good, swift kick in the pants.


Today, instead of going to Rifle Colorado to go see my son play his first High School Varsity football game... I was in a funk. 

Often, when I get in a funk,  I find my thoughts wandering off....(Not such a good thing for them to do...they are so small and SHOULD NOT be alone!) 


I have been thinking things like: 
  • Why do croutons come in an airtight package? It is already just stale bread.....
  • Why isn't 11 pronounced "onety-one?"
  • Why is a wise man and a wise guy so different?
  • If you mixed orange juice and Vodka and milk of magnesia together would you get a Phillips screwdriver? 
  • When I am driving, why is it people going slower than me are "idiots" and people going faster than me are "Maniacs?" 
  • Why do we say something is "out of whack?"  What is a whack? what is in whack? 
  • Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle? 
  • Why don't they make the plane out of the same material the "little black voice recorder box" out of? 
  • How much deeper would the ocean be if there were not sponges in it? 
  • If a cow laughed out loud, would milk come out its nose? 
I could go on and on... but, I will spare you and stop....... ( I wonder why I can't get a decent night's sleep...look at the thoughts that roam randomly around my poor brain.) 

My random thoughts are also happy that:
  • Today is my grandson's birthday. 
  • Silver Creek won it's first football game of the season- 13-2.
  •  Grandpa Hank took us to dinner- that is always nice..(and he tipped the correct $$!) 
  • Friends are wonderful
  • Pie and ice cream are homopathic remedies for depression
Tonight, the tired, grumpy, teary-eyed, frustrated, sore-knee lady that has been feeling sorry for herself all day will head off to bed.  Things will look better in the morning....they always do.... 


If not, I will wake up wondering: 
  • Should women put pictures of missing husbands on beer cans? 
  • After eating, do Alligators need to wait one hour before getting OUT of the water? 
  • If I wanted to send someone styrofoam, what would I pack it in? 
  • Can fat people go skinny dipping?
It's a rough life.....but we manage to get through it, don't we???? Just one random woman at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment