Monday, November 22, 2010

30 Days of Thanks - Random Items Often Overlooked

30 Days of thanks would not be complete without a commentary on the wonderful items we have that are often overlooked. 

  • Hot Showers 
    •  Who doesn't love a hot shower?? There is something wonderful about hopping into the shower and the hot water coming all over you.  I am grateful that I can take showers without interruptions now.  I remember when my children were younger it was the ONLY time they needed me.  As soon as the clothes came off and I was in the shower, I  became the most popular person on the face of the earth.... Now, my love of a hot shower is shared by the two boys in my house, who shower till the hot water is gone.... It wasn't that long ago that one son was held down by his siblings and sprayed with Lysol for refusing to take a shower.... He loves them now.  How grateful am I for teenage boys who shower??  
  • Sweat pants and Hoodies  
    • Do you love your favorite pair of sweat pants and a baggy hoodie?  Some days, just coming home and putting on these old friends is all I need to feel a little better.  Everyone needs a favorite pair of sweats.  I love putting on a sweatshirt that reminds me of a favorite vacation.  Sometimes fond memories of coaching teams comes back, and I am filled with a smile.  To whoever invented these wonderful items,  I say, THANK YOU!!
  • Iron and Ironing boards 
    • Now many of you may think I am nuts on this one... Really Carrie?  Really? An Ironing board and Iron?   I am a big fan of ironing.  I don't think there is anything that brings such instant gratification.  Suddenly something looks brand new.  I love the crisp lines down my sleeve.  I love that I don't have to heat up something in a fire and try to pound it on a rock to iron.  What a wonderful invention!!
  • Flowers   
    • Who doesn't like a bouquet of flowers?  I am not picky, I love them all.  I love them sitting on my kitchen table for all to see.  I love any color and any kind.  I love how they brighten a day.  I love even more when someone surprises you with flowers.  Just because.  Pretty clear that a loving God knew flowers would bring comfort and cheer to so many. 
  • Tylenol   
    • Anyone who has ever had pain has to be grateful for popping a pill that takes some the edge away. Then some wonderful human being invented Tylenol PM.  Some nights that is just what the doctor ordered.... :)
  • Hair Color 
    • Many of you are nodding your head right now.  I am not ready to be totally white headed at my age.  I want to at least get the free breakfast at Denny's when I look like should get the free breakfast at Denny's. Nuff said...
  • Captain Crunch with Crunchberries 
    • I have searched diligently to find a crunchberry farm.  I would like to tour one and I think I would like to put some of my retirement fund into that field.  I especially enjoy Christmas Crunch!!  It is a holiday treat.  Thank you, Captain!!
Today I am so grateful for some of the random things in my life that brighten my day, make me smile and make my life easier.   When life is a little simpler, and I am a little happier, I am able to make a difference, one random woman at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment