Friday, November 5, 2010

30 Days of Thanks

www.30daysoftthanks.com

I noticed recently on Facebook many of my friends posting a daily short thought on things they were thankful for.  It is all part of of a campaign for 30 days of thanks, encouraging us to take a second from our busy days and notice all the blessings and what we are grateful for.  I am grateful for awesome people who come up with great ideas to get regular folks off their duffs to make a difference.

So pass it along, share your thoughts of what you are thankful for, get your friends to, and your family, and your co-workers.  Sending positive messages around in this day and age is exactly what we want to do be doing.

I have no idea where to start, I am so thankful for so many things.  So I think we can all agree we are thankful for the big things, our families, our freedom, etc.  So I am going to get little and specific, and share things I am thankful for that might be a bit off the beaten path.  (Because, let's face it, I am off the beaten path.... and doing "normal" just doesn't work for me!!) 

Today I am thankful for bedding.  Yup, pillows, sheets, blankets....bedding.   I LOVE hopping into bed and wrapping myself in my sheets and comforter, and resting my head on my comfy pillow.  I have BED-ADD. It is an illness that affects many of us... I can't sleep with the sheets tucked in.  I feel like my feet are being held hostage and can't move.  My feet are not meant to bend that way.   I hop into bed and quickly kick up the covers and "untuck" them to make a mini sleeping bag around me.  I then prop my pillows all around to create a "pillow canyon" for me to rest in.  It is amazing.  Now, of course, it is a little easier to have BED-ADD when you are single and don't have to share the bed with anyone.  BED-ADD people have trouble sleeping with normal people who keep the sheets tucked in and keep pillows at the top of the bed.   As far as I know, there is no cure for BED-ADD.  

So Thanks, pillows, blankets, sheets ( nice, high count sheets) for making bedtime a comfy place.    Because if we get a good nights sleep its a lot easier to make a difference, one random woman at a time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment